Ferreira's Se Huisie
0081 Pretoria, South Africa
Ferreira's Se Huisie Company Information
Rosemary Hill is situated on beautiful farmland just east of Pretoria. It is an organic working farm and has been in operation since 1978. From cultivating seedlings and planting veggies to distilling essential oils, this farm is truly unique in what it has to offer. The herd of Nguni cattle is always nearby to add a beautiful splash of colour to the landscape.
A Rosemary Hill Farm wedding is one of a kind. We are able to customize your wedding and provide an earthy, vintage, rustic and chic farm style experience without breaking the bank. We have a number of different venues to cater for any size event, the authentic wooden barn can seat 80-120 guests or the large pack-house which can host parties of up to 300.
Our meals are delicious as everything is freshly prepared with extra care using veggies and herbs from our gardens.
Our experienced team will tailor-make a unique farm wedding experience for clients who want something different. From an indoor or outdoor ceremony to various reception options, the choice is yours. We are able to customize your wedding and provide a truly memorable service. We are able to assist with photographers, florists, musicians (for live music) – contact us to find out more about how we can help to make your special day unforgettable.
Rosemary Hill can accommodate up to 24 guests.Room 1 is a charming thatch cottage, surrounded by beautiful trees with abundant birdlife and breathtaking sunset views. It has a spacious separate lounge and en-suite bathroom, perfect for brides to get ready on their big day.
Rooms 2-6 can sleep 2 guests each, and Room 7 is a spacious suite with 2,5 bathrooms, a patio and a private garden. Our rooms are all unique in colour and theme, guests can choose from our website which room they prefer and make use of our realtime online booking system. www.rosemaryhill.co.za/accommodation
Our Coffee Shop is open Mondays to Thursdays from 08h00 to 17h00 and on Fridays from 08h00 to 14h00 with a limited menu. We are open from 07h00 to 14h00 on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. We serve freshly baked scones, cakes, light meals and our famous omelettes accompanied by delicious bottomless coffee!
We designed and built this beautiful garden in 2011. It is 80m in diameter and has over 1km of paving with over 3000 plants.It is used for classical music concerts, art exhibitions, wedding ceremonies and cocktail parties.
Rosemary Hill is one of the very few establishments in South Africa that offers an authentic Morning or Afternoon Tea (or High Tea) experience. Rather than providing a buffet and expecting guests to help themselves, our teatime treats are freshly prepared for your enjoyment and presented on elevated tiers with beautiful freshly picked herbs and flowers from our gardens. Each individual treat is made and served with special attention. Our fine selection of blended teas is brought to the table in special tubes so that guests can experience the beautiful aromas before making a choice.
We specialise in tea parties - from Bridal Tea Parties, Stork Tea Parties, little girl themed Tea Parties to more intimate tea for two or even 'Me-time-Tea-time' where you can bring your book, and spend the afternoon sitting under the tree, reading, eating and drinking tea ...
The latest addition to the farm is a fun and safe trail for hikers, runners and cyclists (mountain bikes). Our trails take runners and cyclists through beautiful rosemary fields, past dams, across streams and through indigenous vegetation.
A small entrance fee of R40 per adult and R25 per child is payable at the Coffee Shop. Trails open from 6am to 6pm and day passes may be purchased from security if the coffee shop is closed.
Breakfast and light meals served from 07h00 to 14h00.
• Short course: 6km
• Technical course: 10km
• Long course: 33km
• Toddler Trail: 1km
• Trails open weekends and public holidays from 06h00 to 18h00
Rosemary Hill is green
• We make our own compost from all the food waste
• We re-use all containers that we can
• If we cannot use it, we recycle it – we have bins on the farm for glass, paper, boxes, plastic and cans that is collected by a recycling company on a weekly basis
• We have been farming organically and bio-dynamically for over thirty years
• We are busy changing all our geysers to solar geysers on the farm and have converted 20% of them so far
• We use Chlorine-free sugar cane fibre based 100% biodegradable toilet paper in our restaurant and guesthouse. Available from www.greenhome.co.za
• Our biodegradable takeaway containers are made from Bagasse, the fibre left after sugar has been extracted from sugarcane. Available from www.greenhome.co.za
• The amenities that we use in our guesthouse is supplied by Beautiful Earth. They are a specialist local manufacturing company, distributing natural products for personal care. They use 100% therapeutic grade essential and base oils, no synthetic fragrances are used. Beautiful Earth products are also free of colourants and dyes, sulphates, mineral oils, parabens and animal proteins ...just pure “aromatherapy in a bottle”. All products are cruelty free, product content is biodegradable and sewer system friendly. www.beautiful-earth.co.za
• Our sewer system is not linked to the municipal system but a fully functioning treatment plant producing waste water suitable for irrigation.
Travelling on the N4 east towards Emalahleni (previously Witbank), pass the Solomon Mahlangu offramp (Previously Hans Strydom), then take the next offramp which is Boschkop/ Donkerhoek. There is a toll gate where you pay R11.00. Turn right and continue over the highway for 2 km (dirt road) Rosemary Hill is situated on the right.
We are 8 minutes from Silver Lakes, 20 minutes from Menlyn and 20 minutes from Hatfield.
-25° 47′ 27.3″
28° 25′ 56.58″
257 Mooiplaats, Pretoria. N4 East Exit 18 Pretoria
- Opening hours
Monday:08:00 - 17:00Tuesday:08:00 - 17:00Wednesday:08:00 - 17:00Thursday:08:00 - 17:00Friday:07:00 - 14:00Saturday:07:00 - 14:00Sunday:07:00 - 14:00
- The company has a parking lot.
- Phone number
- Social Accounts
- Restaurant, Lunch Restaurant, Breakfast Restaurant
Ferreira's Se Huisie Reviews & Ratings
How do you rate this company?
Are you the owner of this company? If so, do not lose the opportunity to update your company's profile, add products, offers and higher position in search engines.